Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Introduction Guide

A Quick Introduction Guide:
1.       Ask yourself: “Why am I interested in the topic? What initially caused me to research the topic?”
I am Interested in this topic because I think it’s a very interesting topic and it can be a very tough decision for people. If people don’t talk about it and make a decision nobody will ever know what they wanted if the were to become ill or in a state were they could not answer the question.



2.       Then consider how you relate with the topic (e.g. I own pit bulls: they should not be banned; I have family that immigrated to the United States: open border policy; I always dreamed to be an astronaut and go to the moon: the truth about the first lunar landing).
I think the first lunar landing was real. I believe in space travel and that we got to the moon first. But I do know that it is a very controversial topic and there are some non believers that think the astronauts didn’t make it there.





3.       Once you simply define your relation to the topic, explain a personal experience that elaborates upon your relation to the topic.  If you are having trouble thinking of something, simply call me over.
I value life but if I wasn’t able to live anymore to its fullest or even be able to get up or breathe or make decisions for my self I don’t think that living at all and I wouldn’t want to live anymore. I would feel like a puppet or like I am in a coffin.




4.       Lastly, consider the purpose in arguing your topic.  How will you defend your stance?  What will you do to argue your purpose?
I will try and put people into the scenario and try and make them know what it feels like to be in this lifeless state and ask them what they would do?

No comments:

Post a Comment